To participate in this program, one:
• Everyone using rental equipment must wear a life jacket at all times.
• Must stay within the manufacturer's weight limit for the vessel (450 lbs. tandem kayak or 275 lbs. single kayak).
• Must be able to follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
• Must have the ability to wear a properly fitted personal flotation device.
• Must be able to enter and exit the kayak independently, with a companion's assistance, or with adaptive equipment.
• Must have at least one person in the kayak and be able to move it through the water in a stable manner and return it to the launching area.
• Must have the ability to tolerate 80-degree Fahrenheit water and bright sunlight for 1.5 hours.
In the event of capsizing, one:
• Must have the ability to get out from under the watercraft independently.
• You must be able to right yourself and remain face-up in the water with a personal flotation device.