WED, FRI, AND SAT
By combining health-fitness with outdoor recreation BG Florida State Parks will appeal to those seeking to increase time spent exercising and connecting with nature. Through a strategically formulated exercise regimen, participants will see adaptation to their physical abilities as well as an increase in their love for the great outdoors.
HOW IT WORKS
Eco-Fitness Classes– Participants enroll in a 1 Session/week, 2-week long exercise program. Students choose to attend class on either: Monday, Wednesday OR Friday of each week.
- Each session has a WOW (Work Out of the Week.) Therefor, no matter what day the student attends, everyone receives the same work out.
- No week is the same. As the months go on and a following forms the “Focus Activity” (usually the first activity) and the “Recreational Activity” (usually the last activity) will rotate in a dynamic and strategic pattern.
Classes are 2 hours long.
Division 1: 1.5 miles Novice Trails
Division 2: 2 miles Intermediate Trails
Division 1K: Kayak 1 mile Division 2K: Kayak 2 miles
Division 1SUP: SUP 1 mile Division 2SUP: SUP 2 miles
Division 1: Run: .5 mile
Plyometric: AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)- 3 exercises, 10 seconds each.
Division 2: Run: 1 mile
Plyometric: AMRAP- 5 exercises, 20 seconds each.
At the conclusion of Eco-Fitness Session#1 & Eco-Fitness Session#2, students and any other enthusiasts will test their newly found skills buy attending BG’s monthly “Eco-Fitness Challenge.”
Based on their WOW Tracking Card and personal comfort level, students will select which Challenge Division they wish to participate in.
PRIZES & PRICING
1st Place Prize: 1 Free Admission to the Full Moon Kayak Tour
2nd Place Prize: 1 Free 1.5 hr rental for a Single Kayak OR SUP (Valid Monday-Friday)
3rd Place Prize: 50% discount on one 1.5 hr rental for a Single Kayak OR SUP (Valid Monday-Friday)
Eco-Fitness Class Session#1= $40.00
Eco-Fitness Class Session#2= $40.00
Eco-Fitness Challenge= $10.00
(Non-Class Attendees) Eco-Fitness Challenge= $40.00
Students who complete Session#1, Session#2 AND the Challenge, receive a $5 discount on SUP Yoga.
Students who complete Session#1, Session#2 AND the Challenge, receive a $5 discount on 1 Admission to the Full Moon Kayak Tour.
In order to participate in this program, one:
- Must not exceed the manufacturer’s weight limit for the vessel (450 lbs. tandem kayak or 275 lbs. single kayak).
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or visual instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion.
- Must have the ability to wear a properly fitted personal flotation device.
- Must have the ability to enter and exit the kayak independently or with the assistance of a companion or with the use of adaptive equipment.
- Must have At least one person in the kayak with the ability to move it through the water in a stable manner and return it to the launching area.
- Must have the ability to tolerate 80 degree Fahrenheit water and bright sunlight for 1.5 hours.
In the event of capsize, one:
- Must have the ability to get out from under the watercraft independently.
- Must have the ability to right oneself and remain face up in the water with the aid of a personal flotation device.